A solar film is a useful tool for those who want to hit the road without fear of dazzling or strong heat in the cabin because of too much solar radiation. Applicable easily on the windows of the car, it allows comfort and security for a sum that is not exorbitant. However, the laws provide for its gradual withdrawal on cars from 2014. Also Read – Llumar Car Window Films Kenya – A Complete Guide In this post you will know more about How to Choose The Right Solar Car Window Film To Reduce Heat And Glare
Summary – Solar film
- Solar film: definition and characteristics
- Solar film: different types
- Solar film: installation
- Solar film: regulation
- Solar film: purchase
Solar film: definition and characteristics
- What is solar film & its benefit?
- 99% of UV is rejected after installation, it is 65% less solar energy in the cabin: the car is protected from heat, dazzle and discoloration.
- The solar film protects from prying eyes and significantly reduces the risk of carjacking.
- Solar film, it can be placed at home by an individual. No need to dismantle the window or doors as before. The installation is simplified.
Solar film: different typesTo suit all needs, solar films come in several models:
- The solar film: its action is to protect the occupants of the cabin from the sun and glare. There are various percentages of hue depending on the expectations of the motorist. It is preferred on the rear windows of cars when a driver carries children.
- The security film: it prevents theft and car-jacking. Suspected assailants are unable to see at first glance whether the car’s interior is occupied or not, so they choose a less risky mischief. In the event of an accident, glass breakage is retained by the film, thus preventing serious injury.
- The decorative film: it can be translucent and printed at the convenience of the driver who may wish to advertise for his business or just decorate his car.
- The one-way mirror: it allows the driver to see without being seen. People outside will only admire their own reflection.
Solar film: installationThe installation of a solar film is a delicate undertaking which must be carried out in a meticulous way. Good to know: Before starting work, remove your car from wind and dust. Any trapped particle will create an air bubble on your window. Know, finally, that you will only act on the inside of the glass. Proceed as follows:
- Thoroughly wash the glass of your car before using soapy water. Leave no trace of soap on the part that will be treated.
- Moisten the outside of your window and remove your filter. With a pencil indicate the size of your window leaving 2 centimeters of margin and cut the outline.
- Separate the film in half and keep the sticky part. Moisten the glass and apply.
- Your window should be lowered slightly to let the two centimeters provided for this purpose on the top of the window. With a squeegee, make sure that the film is applied correctly and that no air bubbles remain.
- Cut the surplus left up, put the window up and put what is left at the bottom of the glass. Let it dry for 2 or 3 days.